Jade rolling is slowly creeping back in our beauty routine. I remember seeing it on my mom’s dresser many moons back and always thought it was the prettiest thing.
What is it?
Jade rolling is an ancient technique of facial massage. It’s basically an easy, DIY massage you can give to yourself in the comfort of your home.
Benefits of Jade Rolling:
- Depuffs your face or reduces puffiness
- I love using my Jade Roller cold by dipping it in ice water. I use it in the morning and roll it under my eyes and cheeks. I’ll instantly feel refreshed and my eye-bags aren’t as puffy. (I used to use ice cubes under my eyes before the rebirth of Jade Rollers)
- Boosts blood circulation
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Early prevention is everything! I started wearing eye cream early 20s so that I won’t have such great laugh lines, crow’s feet as I get older. After I have applied eye cream, I use my Jade Roller to further “push” the products onto my skin and “iron” it out.
- Reduces tension
- May help increase the absorption of products, which is always great!
- Like I mention above, the rolling technique helps push the products into our skin which helps the products to work better.
How to use it?
Roll your Jade Roller upwards and towards your ear. (Tolak kearah telinga). Try not to roll it back & forth. You should – roll>lift>start again from the beginning point.
Do each stroke a 3-5 times. I take about 2 minutes everyday to do this.
Start with your neck; rolling upwards from your clavicle to your chin. Then moving to your chin, rolling upwards towards your ears. And gradually moving until under your eye. Move on to the bridge of your nose and then your forehead. All the while making sure you move upwards and outwards and not back and forth.
It’s harder to read, but check out our pictorial on our Instagram page coming 18th of May!
When to use Jade Roller?
In the morning, especially if you need a quick pick-me-up to depuff and awaken your soul pre-coffee.
At night after your skincare routine. It’s so relaxing to get on your routine and finish it off with a cold Jade Roller to seal it all.
Have you ever tried a Jade Roller? What are your thoughts on it? Share in our comments below. Thanks for reading!
Buy our Jade Roller for only RM35 here